Navbar changes Afr:
Navbar changes Eng:
|Page||Order||Position||Title Afr||Title Eng||Access Level|
Agri SA is looking for an economist to join their team in the Economics and Trade Centre of Excellence (CoE). We’re looking for an economist with strong quantitative, writing and people skills. Working in the Economics & Trade CoE means applying your passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigour to support the development, profitability and sustainability of South African agriculture. The position will be based in Centurion.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Economic research, drafting reports, agendas and presentations.
• Stakeholder engagement, secretariat function, identification, analysis and reporting on policy areas relating to economic, trade and financial matters that affect agricultural producers directly or indirectly.
About the Economics & Trade team
The Economics and Trade team help to facilitate solutions for the economic and trade challenges faced by our members. The team provides input on input costs, energy policy, tax issues, risk management, agricultural research, water and electricity tariffs as well as the review of agricultural legislation. This extends to aspects pertaining to road infrastructure, telecommunication as well as technology development and transfer.
The team operates on the principle of an idea-based meritocracy: the CoE functions as a team of individuals who can openly share ideas and discuss alternative approaches to solving specific problems. As a team of professional economists, we strive to follow academic rigour and accuracy in all our work.
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum: BSc or BCom Honours (Agricultural Economics/Economics) with at least three years industry/work experience;
• A Masters level qualification will be considered an added advantage;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office;
• Strong quantitative, writing and people/communication skills.
If you have the necessary skills and wish to apply, please send your cover letter and CV to Lebo Sekonyela at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 3 September 2018.